Search Engine Optimisation
One of the most common things web designers and clients forget about is Search Engine Optimization. About 70%, if not more, of South African websites are not Search Engine friendly. People seem to think that as soon as they have a website their business is going to boom. This is the biggest mistake people make when contacting a web design company who does not provide SEO as a service. SEO is an art, not a skill, which takes years to develop and refine. Good SEO is vital to any website's internet marketing strategy.
What is SEO and Internet Marketing?
As mentioned above SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the art of making a website search engine friendly. Search engines such as Google, Ananzi, Yahoo and MSN all use computer programs called "Robots" which crawl the internet from website to website, reading and indexing web pages. SEO is the process which makes your website visible to robots. The more a robot understands your website, the better your ranking will be across search engines.
Internet Marketing is probably the most effective and affordable way of driving business to your website.
We have years of experience in SEO and Internet Marketing. We have built a strong reputation as a company which can deliver. Don't be fooled! There are many companies out there who offer SEO, but only a handful who really know what they are doing.
Why is SEO so important?
People often under-estimate the importance of SEO. What most people don't realize is that if a website is not robot friendly, it could be banned or simply not indexed by Google. Which obviously defeats the purpose of having a website in the first place. Have you ever seen these flashy websites designed completely in FLASH? They look great, but they are completely invisible to search engines. Remember, it's impossible for a robot to "SEE" text contained in graphics or FLASH animations. Therefore they will not know what the website is about, and will therefore not be able to rank the page correctly.
Certain "SEO" companies try and trick Google, by repeating certain words often throughout the website, or making the text the same colour as the websites background colour. This will result in your website being banned and is known as keyword spamming. SEO is a very complex topic to write about concisely, so why not contact us for a detailed analysis of your existing website for FREE?
What do we do?
If you ask us to design and develop a website for you we will give your website a "once-over" to ensure that it is Search Engine Friendly, however if you have an existing website, and want more traffic the process is as follows:
- We check all HTML code, and make sure it confirms to the industry standard
- We check that all meta tags are correct, and that no duplication is present
- The content of your website will be studied, from which 6 - 12 keywords are gathered for the entire website.
- Each individual page is analyzed for a specific theme or topic, from which 3 main keywords are retrieved.
- Keywords are then analyzed to make sure they are worth optimizing the specific page for that specific keyword
- We repeat the process throughout the entire website and check the main keywords against the title and description meta tag
- Once this is complete, we check the website against your competitors websites, and make various changes to ensure your site will outrank them
- We may be required to add additional text or content to your website so ensure proper keyword density for the content, meta tags and title
- After we are happy with the content, programming and meta tags, we will submit your website to over 150 search engines and a further 50 directory listing websites.
Static jQuery Animated website with audio streaming and playback.
Full custom CMS based website with FLASH
Clean and Professional! Just like our client.
A fresh idea to Ecommerce! We very happy with the outcome of this ecommerce website, supporting charity organisations.
Simple, creative design makes this database driven website easy to navigate and keep up to date.
100% content managed, interactive directory style website, loaded with features, AJAX and much more...